Tuesday 29 March 2011

Leroy the Toe

Ok so I woke this morning with a black toe, now I aint no doctor but I can tell somethings up! Going to let it sit for a few days but the nail is on its last legs. Headed round to SPCC (climbing authority in Nepal) and Island Peak is closed again!!!!!! This has seriously fecked the whole climb. I am 3 days away from Island Peak, a 2 day climb and a 3 day descent, then a gamble for flights to meet the Rosmeister in Delhi. So with much regret I had to abandon my goal. Disappointed much! Too cold to hang about so lashed it down to Lukla in 6 hours and boarded (blagged on) a cargo plane to the hole that is Kathmandu.... On a plus side one of the nicest moments of the whole trip was handing out the colour pencils to the orphans today, nearly broke my heart and made me miss my kids even more. Big thanks to Ash for organising this, it really was a special thing to do..... So I am 6 days early, have flights to India so might head early and see Delhi before flying down to Udaipur with herself. Am I gutted about climb, well a little bit although I did everything else I wanted to and these setbacks happen often in this game. To be honest it was the only thing pushing me on up there, I hadnt enjoyed the last 2 days with the weather turning bad. It was supposed to be fun and running for your life aint no fun..... Onward and upwards, chin up old bean, blah blah blah. Will keep you posted of where next!

No comments:

Post a Comment