Monday 4 April 2011

WTF Am I Doing Here.....

  
10am and I am on foot, looking for Tigers in 12 foot high grass in the jungle of a place that's pronounced Shit One (Chitwan)! Now to me there's only two ways I am going to find this tiger; 1, step on its tail or 2, said tiger decides to find me, either option I don't like..... I have a guide at the front and one behind, armed with sticks only. Its the one time in my life where I am actually wishing I have wasted my money here. Day starts off nice and early with a river canoe trip, looking for Crocs but as its a bit overcast not many are bathing. Back to the gaff for a light breakfast and then changed into swim wear to go and bathe the hotels elephant, now I have ridden a few elephants in my life boom boom, but nothing quite like this. Spent a good hour messing in the river, must say it is one of the best things I have ever done. 5 hour jeep safari in the late afternoon, spotted loads of Rhino, Monkeys, Elephants, Deer, Crocs, Wild Boar and stuff but not the elusive Tiger. Jungle floor is alive with creepy crawlies, you can actually hear them dropping from the canopy above all around you. One regret is not having a decent camera as its hard on a thing you picked up in Tescos to get the true picture of the place. Bumped into a Dutch guy I met in Everest so sat chatting to him for an hour mid afternoon. Great dinner and into the local town with the lads from the hotel, had a few pints! I know I know, kinda feel bad about it, kinda don't. This doesn't mean I will be found in 6 months in some Opium Farm in the mountains.... It was only a pint!

No comments:

Post a Comment